· 01788 577628
We will update this policy over time so please revisit it to check any new changes that have been made.
Who are we?
We are Sammie Lou Bridal Couture Ltd – Award Winning Bridal. Our registered company address is Freestyle House, 8 Mercia Business Village, Coventry, CV4 8HX
What data do we collect?
We collect two types of data from you: personal data and non-personal data so some or all of the following may be collected from you depending on how you use our website.
· Name and/or company name
· Contact details (e.g. address, phone number, email address)
· Payment details (e.g. bank account, debit/credit card details)
· Other details related to your enquiry with us.
· Details related to how you used our website (e.g. how you interact with our website, the browser and computer system used, IP address)
· Details available on social media and other publicly available information (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
If you enquire with us or order from us, we will collect both types of data so that we can discuss your requirements and fulfill your booking needs: your personal details as well as specific details about your event will be collected. As stated on our website, if you provide your contact details you are choosing to receive email updates and information from us with regards to your booking and our services. You can opt out of these at any time.
Will your data be shared with any third parties?
As securing your data is important to us, we take appropriate measures to protect any personal data that we collect. We will never sell or distribute your personal data to a third party. However, we do contract with trusted service providers as detailed below:
· We may sometimes contract with trusted service providers to provide goods and services on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, marketing and IT systems. This will sometimes necessitate the transfer of your personal data to those trusted service providers.
· Where we transfer your data to our trusted service providers we will have confirmed that they will apply data protection and security measures to the same standard we would. We will always impose contractual terms on all of our providers to ensure your data remains secure.
· In certain limited circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal data – for example where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we complying with a court order, regulatory requirement or government department with appropriate legal authority to compel us to do so.
What is the legal basis to use your information?
Under the GDPR we will only process your data where we have a legitimate reason because you have consented to it or because we are complying with legal obligations. Legitimate reasons for using data include:
· Providing information to potential customers in order to deal with their enquiries.
· Handling customer accounts, bookings, payments and complaints
· Promoting and marketing our services, and where appropriate personalising special offers
· Requesting feedback to improve our services and maintain high standards throughout
· Learning about customers interests to develop new services.
· Preventing and detecting fraud against both you and Sammie Lou Bridal Couture Ltd
Some specific examples are:
· If you have provided your telephone number we may use it to call or text you to discuss matters relating to your enquiry and/or order with us.
· If you send us an email, or fill out our enquiry form online, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files and the text of your email.
· If you complete one of our feedback forms and send pictures we may use your first name and the feedback provided as a post on to our social media pages.
What are cookies and how are they used?
Cookies are small data files that are used on our website along with many other websites to maximise your browsing experience and collect statistical data. They allow us to track movements through our website and recognise repeat visitors, facilitate your access to and use of the website and allows the website to track usage behaviour. This in turn allows content and service improvement and enables us to tailor our website and advertising to better match your interests and preferences. No personal data is stored in or gathered from these cookies, just the statistical data (other than the cookie itself, which is defined as personal data under GDPR). All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with the current cookie law. By giving us your consent, you are allowing us to provide the best possible experience to you. Please bear in mind that although you may refuse consent to cookies, certain parts of our website may then not function correctly.
Specific functions of cookies that are on our website include:
· Ensuring that our website functions and has features that you’ve asked for; without these the website may not work as intended.
· Automatically remembering the choices that you may make in order to improve your experience on the website (e.g. selecting desired layout or language)
· Collecting non-personal data about you to track the performance of our website. (e.g. Google Analytics)
· Tracking your behaviour and then using that information on an individual basis to advertise products and/or services based on the behavioural data collected.
How long will your data be stored for?
We will store your personal data in order to assist you with your enquiry, your order, your payments and feedback for our services. After this we may keep your details stored to send updates and special offers from time to time regarding our services. You are able to unsubscribe from our emails using the link provided in them. We may keep our customers’ details for longer for tax and insurance purposes. It is you right to remove your details at any time, however, should you wish to remove them all before the date of your order arriving, please bear in mind that it would be impossible for us to communicate with you regarding your booking.
What rights do you have?
Here are the detailed rights that you have with regard to your personal data under the GDPR. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us on the above contact details:
· the right to be informed about what data we hold and how we use it;
· the right to access the information we hold about you;
· the right to rectify any data that we have about you if it is inaccurate;
· the right to erase any data about yourself in certain circumstances;
· the right to restrict how your personal data is processed;
· the right have your data in a portable format if you wish to transfer it to another company;
· the right to object if you disagree with certain types of processing;
· the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling;
How can you raise a complaint?
If after raising a complaint with us, you feel dissatisfied with our response you may contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This is the UK’s supervisory authority and can be accessed via www.ico.org.uk or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Policy last updated May 2018